Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not much to report on other than the birthday...which was totally EPIC.  So I guess this'll be an epic post?

It took a lot to get through the week.  Monday was President's Day and that was good, because I was kind of tired.  I had lunch with Eric over at his place of employment and then did a little shopping, and then went to book club.  I didn't manage to get to the book this month, though I'm kind of glad, because apparently there were a lot of rape scenes.  I really don't need to see any more of those.  Ever.  EVER.  Other than that, it was fun to catch up with the girls, ask Kelly and Meagan about their impending nuptials.  And play with their dog.

The rest of the week was really just a run up to the weekend, which was very difficult because I had NOTHING  to do at work.  Really.  Nothing.  I know it won't last, and I'm really okay with that, because it's really pretty dull when there's nothing to do.  I don't want to go back to being stressed out and overwhelmed by my job, but I like being engaged.  It'll get better, I just think this was the lull-in-action week.

Friday came about and I was all excited for the weekend ahead.  And then I poked my head over the wall to look out the window and saw that it was snowing like crazy.  What the what?!  So that caused some panic, but it was so warm, that the snow didn't stick around too long.  However it did get a lot chillier than I expected, so I dressed fairly warm to meet Eric at his house, before we headed downtown to our photoshoot with the fair and talented Chelsea.  Very good Valentine's gift.  We did our photos in the Passageway in the Old Market, which was pretty neat.  It was all lit up and the plants were pretty, and it was warm in there.  We did some outdoor photos, which lasted as long as Chelsea could feel her fingers.  Not too long, because I felt parts of me going numb.  Thankfully, also, my boyfriend is warm, and keeps a blankie in his car.  But first, dinner at Trini's, super tasty and convivial.  Then we headed over to swing dancing where I received a most impressive birthday present.  Cecily, Dianna, and Adam had spent most of the week testing and creating Angry Birds cake pops especially for me.  I have to admit, they were one of the coolest birthday cakes I've ever had, second only to the Great Mouse Detective cake, but that's a whole different thing.  Kudos to Adam for making the smug green pig.

Then there was the longest birthday jam I've ever had, I probably danced with about twenty people.  Cecily and Eric made the effort to keep from ending the jam with creepy Steve, many thanks to Cecily for taking that bullet.  I then managed to somewhat avoid creepy Andy (alas, on your birthday, you cannot always get a pass on the creepy guys).  He kissed my hand but I managed not to dance with him.  Seriously, why is it that when a guy kisses your hand, rarely is it ever by a guy you even want holding your hand?  Oh, well.  After the dance, I needed salt in my system after those enormous Angry Bird pops, so we all went to VI to hang out and in my case, eat onion rings.  Nobody sang to me in there, thank goodness.  There was plenty of singing throughout the weekend, also plenty more sugar.

Saturday I slept in, and had a low key day.  Poor Eric was under the weather, feeling pretty icky, but he put up a lot of effort to give me a nice birthday.  I really think my friends gave me a pretty good one.  Though Saturday night I went to bed early and foolishly left my phone by my pillow without turning it to vibrate...

And slept straight through until about 7:30 without hearing the dozen email notifications or the text message that made no sense at all.  I was a lot more tired than I thought.  I slept for another hour or two, missed a few more emails, and then met Eric, Joe, and Frank at church.  Frank and I sat together because Eric and Joe had important parts to play, and the church was pretty packed, but it was the first Sunday of Lent.  Not a bad day for a birthday, I suppose.  After church, we went to the Bella Italia fest where I ate some great meatballs and treated myself to a birthday cannolli.  Nom.  Then Eric and I found First Street, and spotted a giant chicken, and then I dropped him off at his car, not his house.  Then I went shopping again (got to get rid of those birthday gift cards), and went home to hang with my parents.  Talked to my grandma, then went over to Susie's house where Carroll was having her annual Oscar party.

Oh, Carroll.  She made me a cake, Susie made me a cocktail, and I brought the Angry Birds pops to share.  We played with Jen's new baby Nathan, Susie's little girl Ellie, heckled the awards, and enjoyed pizza.  I also drooled over some Robert Downey Jr.  And the girls sang to me.

I went home late and tried to go to bed immediately.  It was one heck of a birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment