Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Let's blog about Valentine's Day.  Yes, I am going to be that person.  Yes, you should be prepared to vomit with all the cuteness to follow.

I kind of left the Valentine's planning up to Eric, mostly because I was dealing with my grandma's funeral and getting back to work, and still coming to grips with the notion that he really was going to be my boyfriend.  Seriously, it's taken some time to get used to, not in a bad way, more like, wow, we really are doing this OMG YAY!!! way.  I'm really happy.  Valentine's day itself I managed to get out of my Jitterbugs operations board meeting (I don't really know what we do other than talk about stuff, but Ian is very smart and energetic, so I dig him), then I went to Eric's for dinner.  Chicken paprikash by request, and I brought his Valentine's day present, a particularly clever card (at least I thought so), and a gift card of ice cream (though he's given it up for Lent, so I guess it'll be April before he has some).  We had a lovely dinner and despite his promises, Troy did not do a shot every time Eric and I kissed.  Our quiet evening was only slightly interrupted by Frank, who was bringing over Kate, potentially Eric and Troy's new roommate.  It's an interesting story, but we'll see how it goes.  My reaction to everything was more like annoyance at our date being interrupted.  Oh well.

Eric also gave me flowers.  I *heart* that.  And him.

Thursday was our "official" going out, dressed up, fancy dinner Valentine's day celebration.  Eric and I met at the 801 Chophouse, which was very nice, he wore a suit and he brought me more flowers, and after we'd been sitting for about five minutes to consider what to eat...the fire alarm began going off.  Thankfully we were not evacuated, and there wasn't a serious emergency as we later found out.  The food was super tasty.  I haven't had onion soup that good in quite some time.  Also, the time together to talk and hold hands was just lovely.  I really like hanging out with my boyfriend.

Now I'm starting to annoy myself with the cuteness.

We also got to talk to Chef Brian, who is my kind of chef, similar to my big brother and my two cousins, laid back, likes his food, and willing to make you eat it.  He managed to talk Eric into dessert, which was an enormous slice of cheesecake that we couldn't finish despite combined efforts, but we also ate a lot of steak preceding it.  We also found out the source of the fire alarm, a very hot pan not under the proper ventilation system.  Oh, work place shenanigans.  Also, the restaurant is inside a really gorgeous apartment building with an awesome Deco lobby.  Ah, luxury that I don't really want to pay for, but maybe just borrow for an hour or two for pictures.

And I didn't really do much until the weekend, game night, shopping, and the like.  I'm kind of tired.  Maybe I'll write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment